Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752592 Members
3062 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Contact Information on System Page is disappered

Contact Information on System Page is disappered

I was filling in the contact information for the servers in our environment. Suddenly this informaion is disappered on the system page . It still have the names in 'Edit System Properties' under 'Tools and Links'.
I have checked on other computers and it does not show there either. So it must be something in HP SIM. We have HP SIM 5.0 SP4.
Where has it gone? Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Contact Information on System Page is disappered

I think this is picked up from SNMP.
On a Server go into the SNMP properties and see if the details are listed under the Agents Tab.

The Discovery process will re-read these details back from the Server unless the check box preventing this is selected.

So, if you want these details on the Server, update the SNMP details on the Server itself.

No, thats not it.
I mean that I have filled the contact information out in HP SIM under 'Tool & Links' tab; 'Edit System Properties'.
At first the contact information showed under the 'Identity' tab but now it is gone.
But it is still filled out under 'Edit System Properties'.

I have tried to fill it out in the SNMP settings on the server but it still does not show in HP SIM. I have the also unchecked the 'Prevent....'. Still nothing.
It was showing for a while but after a coffee-break it was disappered. Strange!

I have found out the answer! I did not have anything written in the location field. I did have something there at first but then I removed it. And you can't have just a space written there.

:)

See above