1753781 Members
8110 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Contract Data Collection

Rancher
Honored Contributor

Contract Data Collection

I am running SIMS 5.1, well, traying to:)
I can go into the Remote Support Services, and run a remote entitlement check on my servers.
However, when I try to run a Contract and Warranty Data Collection, it fails on every server. I receive the following message:

There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote entitlement service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet.

The service IS running and the SIM server does have access to the Internet. IF this is error is indeed true, how can I even run the entitlement query?

This has been an extremely frustrating upgrade!

7 REPLIES 7
Peter Scaringi
Advisor

I had the same problem and missed a step in the Remote Suport Pack setup. Have you set the proxy on page 89 of the HP Systems Insight Manager 5.1 Installation and Configuration Gudie for Microsoft Windows ?

It states before registering, run a command prompt to "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\RemoteSupport\bin" unless a different directory was used for installation.

For non-authenticated Web Proxy Servers:
configureProxy -H [hostname] [port] RUN_AUTH
where [hostname] is the fully qualified hostname of your proxy server.

Page 90 then states to register the Remote Support Pack client in HP SIM by selecting Options ->Remote Support Configuration and Services.

Step 4 states to submit test event first to ensure connection and if passes, then fill in information.

After do steps on pages 89-92 it finally worked for me.

Claude
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the information. I did see those instructions but we are not using any Web proxy servers.
Albert_39
Advisor

I'm still looking for the link but another post mentioned that the HP services that are required for the Contract/War. look-up won't be on-line until mid-late February.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Has this come right, as it seems to be working fine from here.
Contract data is showing up for a number of our servers. A few anomalies to sort out. But looking good so far.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

No, this has not come right yet. I am still having the same trouble and getting the same error message.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Did you run the configureProxy command on the HPSIM Server? e.g.
configure Proxy -H [hostname] [port] RUN_AUTH
hostname = your proxy and port is whatever port number you use.
This asks additional questions when run.

Our proxy doesn't require authentication for selected servers. So I answered no to ntlm and left the username etc. blank.

Also the docs don't make it obvious that the port number is whatever your proxy port number is and isn't necessarily 8080.

It took a few goes here before I got the combination that worked.
Even for servers not on maintenance you should at least get a Negative statement back.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I did not run that because we don't use proxy web servers.