1752588 Members
4331 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Contract and Warranty Data Collection Question

Andrew_28
Occasional Advisor

Contract and Warranty Data Collection Question

When trying to run a contract and warranty collection I am receiving the following on a few servers.

Could not obtain contract and/or warranty data for the system. Additional inform
ation regarding the problem is shown below.
no valid credentials key pair was found - could not apply any precede
nce rule - please check the incident/request properties for valid cre
dentials key pair.

Is there a fix for this?

thanks in advance.

Andy.

3 REPLIES 3
Darren Z
Frequent Advisor

I'm getting the same thing when a system is discovered and the "Initial Contract and Warranty Collection" runs against the discovered server.

I also get this when "Enable Remote Support" runs against the discovered server:

â The "Run as" user does not have adequate permission to manipulate this file: Connection refused: connectâ

This install/setup has been a complete headache and I've been using OSEM/ISEE for over a year and SIM for over two years.

Cindy Osborn
Valued Contributor

Check the system properties. Does the system so a product ID? What model hardware is this?
Jay Ekanger_2
Advisor

Andrew,

I've seen this a couple times now.
I have noticed that when you configure the Remote Support Software Manager you must be logged in as the same Administrative User you were logged in as when you installed HP-SIM 5.1.
Also, run the "Monthly Contract and Warranty Collection" afterward view the C:\Program Files\HP\System Insight Manager\logs\mxdomainmgr.0.log, if you see errors concerning setting keys in the SQL DB then you might try re-installing the SIM_HOTFIX51_001 patch, in C:\Hewlett-Packard\BusinessSupport\HP_SIM_PATCHES\SIM_HOTFIX51_001\install.bat