Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748240 Members
3720 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Contract and Warranty Information - Blue Question Mark.

L Davis
Advisor

Contract and Warranty Information - Blue Question Mark.

Hi All,

I am looking at implementing the HP Remote Support Services into our HPSIM server. I have:

* Upgraded to HPSIM 5.1
* Installed the Remote Support Software
* Updated all SAID and info in the server properties.
* I get green ticks in the Remote Support and Config Services section.
* I run the C & W Data Collection Task over my servers, and they say successful in the task.

However I still a blue tick in the CW Column on every single server. Anyone have any ideas? (Note i did the install for the remote support software via the Remote Console in Console mode, so it should not be that trap.)

Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17
Rider
Trusted Contributor

Re: Contract and Warranty Information - Blue Question Mark.

Hi,
Have you configured RSSM via HP SIM. From Options > Remote Support servies via HP SIM menus. It is avaliable only when u install ISEE client tool from RSSM updates. Provide all data under RSSM options. And run C & W task again. You should get the status.
A Real man makes his own luck
Sipho
Contributor

Can someone explain what is this:

Updated all SAID and info in the server properties

And how do i go about doing it.
L Davis
Advisor

Hi Rider,
RSSM is installed and is configured (but not via HPSIM not sure what you mean)

RSSM is configured and all the packages have installed successfully.

Within HPSIM under options I have Remote Support Configuration and Services which is registered, and under the Remote Support Services tab the servers under contract are showing up with green ticks. (see attached pic)

However when i go back and do a C&W Task (which says that it has gathered the C&W information successfully) the same servers are still blue question marked.

Cheers for your suggestions though,

Leon.

Hi Sipho, SAID = Support Agreement ID which I have put in the properties of the servers that are covered by the SAID HP maintenance agreement. Hope that explains it. Cheers
L Davis
Advisor

Anyone have any more ideas? There are a big bucket of points up for grabs. :-)

Apart from uninstalling HPSIM and reinstalling I have tried everything I can think of... and I don't really want to do it because it looks after over 300 servers over 10 countries.
Bruce Stiver
Occasional Advisor

The System Properties page for each system must have the correct Product ID and Serial Number. If that combination has a valid contract or warranty, then you will get a green checkmark. Try this website: https://vgwhispro.cce.hp.com/WebClient/Main.do to look up the warranty/contract on a serial number.
L Davis
Advisor

Thanks Bruce,

Have tried your suggestions but still no go. I get green ticks when looking in the Remote Support Config Services section as previously stated and the Contract and Warranty Gathering Task even says that it has run successfully for the servers that I have added the info into. But still those blue ticks remain.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway. Anyone else have any ideas?

Cheerio.

Leon.
ShaneW

Select the systems in question and goto Options --> Set System Properties. Go to the bottom of the system properties page, select "unlock," fill in the "Contact Information" and run the job. Once the job completes, re-run the "Contract & Warranty Data Collection Task."

The Contract and Warranty requires the contact information to be set on each server so that HP knows who to contact if the systems reports a "Serviceable Event."

There are basically 3 pieces that need to be set for the Contract & Warranty data collection to work properly.

1 - serial number
2 - product ID (6X3 alpha-numeric)
3 - Contact Information

Good Luck!

Shane

L Davis
Advisor

Yep stepped through all that again. All customer info is there, serial number and product number entered and correct, and SAID info is valid. It says when I run the C&W Task that it successfully gathered C&W data.. but still the blue tick. Oh well.. thanks anyway. I will keep trying.
Spyke074

Hi I have exactly the problem, all the information is filled in, i can run the tasks no porblem, i can see the eligiblilty no prob but the Blue Question Mark remains, i also have a job logged with HP on this issue for nearly a week now with no resolution. Has anyone managed to solve this yet?