cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract and Warranty Question

Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Contract and Warranty Question

Ok, upgraded to SIM 5.1, no problem. Installed SWM, seems to be working fine, i even updated some patches and update son the CMS. SWA: I am not getting my head around it just yet (I have 2 events, reporting incidents, but havent gotten an email. What is HP going to do with these anyway??). But, my question is:
I ran the Monthly Contract & Warranty Task. All machines failed (1 ilo skipped) with the following error:

There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote entitlement service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet.

I verified that the CMS can get to the internet, the HP ISEE Client is running, so is ISEE_CMS_SWMAGENT. ISEE_SWM_COMMANDQUEUE is set to Manual and not running.

Baffled..

TIA!
-Stefan

4 REPLIES
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Re: Contract and Warranty Question

Another piece of info:
Under Options->Remote Support Configuration and Services, it says: Remote Support has not been registered. When i fill it out and hit the "Submit Updates and Register" button, the "Opening https://cms/isee/isee-settings-processor.php" shows in the bottom of IE, i get a short screen saying: "Updating information and registering client" (I think, it only stays up for 2 seconds), then it's back to the info screen, with a big yellow highlighted message on the top of the screen:
Remote Support has not been registered.
I tried this with my ID, the user that installed this (Admin), remotely and on the CMS, same results.

Still baffled..
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Ok, i was able to register.

2 things held me up:
The https://CMS FQDN wasnt in the allowe site list in IE, so i couldnt get to the page on the CMS (It worked remotely from my desk), logged in as the installer. Fixed that. Got the page, still no worky.

My colleague pointed something out to me:

The method was:
on the CMS, open a command prompt and go to directory:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\RemoteSupport\bin

Run the following command:
configureProxy -H PROXYNAME PORT# RUN_AUTH

Where PROXYNAME is the name of our proxy, and PORT# is the port we use. It'll ask about authentication and i was able to register afterwards.

I will run the tasks and see if my contracts & Warranty stuff will come up now.

Not so much baffled anymore.. Just slightly.
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Alright.. Running the Monthly Contract And Warranty Task now, i have systems reporting contract/warranty info back. I'll close this thread now. Looks like that was it.
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

see solution above