1753768 Members
5248 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Contract and Warranty not showing in SIM

Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

Contract and Warranty not showing in SIM

We recently upgraded from SIM 5.1 to 5.2 SP2. I also installed the RSSWM A.05.20 as a separate component because the configuration didn't come up during the install despite the option being checked before the install occurred. I configured the software and it seemed to run for a long time (over an hour) then it finished. I received emails saying the following:

Webes has detected that the following device ManagedSystem: ctdsrmvdc2.mv.marrcorp.marriott.com is now being
managed and there are some required fields that need to be filled
in for proper call logging.

It came with a link which I clicked on but I got a page with a java error.

I logged into SIM but I don't have the OPTION > Contract and Warranty option. I logged onto the server console and ran the RSSWM but everything looks fine as far as i can tell.

Any idea on why I can't see any Contract and Warranty information in SIM?
4 REPLIES 4
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

WEBES is being fed by HP-SIM.
Enter all information in SIM by selecting the device. Then enter the information under "Tools & Links" > "Edit System Properties".

Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

The simple answer is, it doesn't work at the moment.

Apparently according to threads on here, this should be resolved by a new release on the 6th of Feb. (ish)

I spent a week trying to do this too.

Have a look on here in the other threads, there's more than 1.
Paul Kurtz
HPE Pro

The ideal situation is to upgrade to SIM 5.3 and then the sim install will upgrade remote software manager and then update RSP to 5.20.
I am a HPE Employee
Dwayne Skinner
Frequent Advisor

I had read some posts on the forum concerning 5.3 that convinced me to wait and let some of the bugs get worked out. Thats why I went with 5.2 instead.