4603 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Correct Permissions for HP SIM service account on remote SQL2005 database

NickSpencer44
Occasional Advisor

Correct Permissions for HP SIM service account on remote SQL2005 database

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could oblige with the correct permissions needed for the HP SIM service account on the master database and insight database and also the server role necessary?

I ask becuase at the moment, the account has dbo on the master & Insight database, but also the sysadmin server role. If i take the sysadmin role away, I begin to see event ID 18456 severity 14 state 16 in the SQL event log every 30 seconds or so (this refers to not enough permission to log into the master database).

I'm pretty sure it really doesnt need quite that much access, so I would very much like to reduce it to the minimum necessary. I've tried some of the other lesser roles (serveradmin and security admin) but the event Id 18456 is still logged every 30 seconds. As soon as I grant sysadmin permissions again, the evend id stops.

I have been trying to find this information for days and have read all of the other pages I can find relating to my event ID, but none seem to list the exact permissions neede, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much

Nick
1 REPLY 1
NickSpencer44
Occasional Advisor

Re: Correct Permissions for HP SIM service account on remote SQL2005 database

Can anyone shed any light on this, I still have not been able to find any way to remove the Sysadmin role from my service account without the SQL server generating errors in the event log every 30 seconds.

Many thanks

Nick