Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752782 Members
6035 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Create a collection or report based on a hardware failure?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Create a collection or report based on a hardware failure?

Hi Everyone,

Would there be a way to create a collection, report or query using the command line mx tools to list current known hardware failures? For example a server with a bad hard drive?

I'm looking to send repeat email alerts on these issues via a vbscript if possible.

I took a look and can't see a way to do this besides based on a event which would not work out very easily in a vbscript at my knowledge since I'll have to check another event for when it was fixed.

I have been able to send multiple alerts based on critical servers in a collection but would like to warn every so many hours on failed hardware.

Has anyone been able to query the SQL database for this type of information from vbscript or wsh?

Thanks!

Dana
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you have a good discipline about marking events cleared when the issue is corrected, the easiest way would be to run a report on all the non-informational, uncleared events. You could use 'mxreport' to run it and dump it to a file and then email the file to one or more people at some frequency. Further, you could use the 'Assign to:' field to identify that someone is actively working an issue to resolution to flag it in process before it's cleared.
Dana Swanson
Regular Advisor

Thanks Dave,

If I limit the event types to only a few critical issues the emails can state if the problem has been resolved to clear the event in hpsim as reminder.

I'll give this a try.

Thanks again,

Dana