1752604 Members
4654 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Credentials for VCRM 2.1.10.800

Nancy Blinstrub
Occasional Contributor

Credentials for VCRM 2.1.10.800

After a recent disaster in our DC, I installed HP SIM (C.06.00.00) on a server in a more secure location (Server 2008 Ent.). SIM is working fine and I was lucky to be able to use the certificate from our old server to retain trusts with the managed servers.

The problem is the newer VCRM. After installing it, you are not presented with a page to define the credentials the VCA's on the managed servers are to use to contact the VCR. We have a few hundred servers with VCA's using a domain account defined for our old VCRM (which worked fine).

I tried to re-work the situation by uninstalling VCRM 2.1.10.800 and installing an older version that I knew included the credentials settings. This worked and I was able to set VCRM credentials. I made the mistake of upgrading to the 2.1... version. VCA's can be configured with the assigned account with no error, but the "...Unknown request" result appears in the VCRM log, and the VCA log on a managed server reports "The repository specified, , did not return a result. [ details ]."

Do I need to uninstall the newer version and continue using an older version, or is there a way to define VCRM credentials in the newer version?
1 REPLY 1
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Credentials for VCRM 2.1.10.800

A bit intrigued as I've not seen any difference in the way credentials are handled.
I've installed HPSIM on a virtual server, the VCRM from its own page is reported as version 6.1.0.841.
There's no VCA on a virtual server, so difficult to see if there's a different version number reported.

I've always used a local account on the HPSIM Server. I had issues very early on with domain accounts and the VCRM and the local accounts have stood the test of time.