Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752798 Members
5698 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Critical Software update Notification Trap (11014): Compaq ML and DL Hardware

Peter Stringer
Regular Advisor

Critical Software update Notification Trap (11014): Compaq ML and DL Hardware

We are a heavy user of HP SIM. Recently we have not been getting Critical Notification alerts, i.e an email alerting us to a firmware release . Now if I log into a server via the hompepage and look at the version control agent, I then get the email. It is as if I need to log in to the server to trip the server into sending me the alert? That would mean i would have to log in to our 100 or so servers to get any critical emails. I do however get normal emails alerting us to the fact that a disk has failed or server has restarted.

Is this anything to do we the nightmare of the PSP 8. We had real problems when installing this pack to servers, whereby the system management hompage would not work.

Any help or pointers would be great.
4 REPLIES 4
Ervinck Kevin
Valued Contributor

Re: Critical Software update Notification Trap (11014): Compaq ML and DL Hardware

That is very odd! But it can be an issue in that direction, we have replaced all psp8 to the latest psp8.1.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I have had this problem for quite some time because HP considers this a critical message. What I did to stop it was to chence the trap setting in Insight to Informational. The alert will still show in the server's event logs, but it won't generate an e-mail.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

peter stringer,

Can you check your HPSIM settings for scheduled Data collection tasks,

This will update the server's software status periodically, hence generating the alert e-mail
Peter Stringer
Regular Advisor

I have chked this all looks fine.