Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Baseline with HPSUM

PZel
Valued Contributor

Custom Baseline with HPSUM

To my knowledge  the new version of HP SPP has  no seperate Windows version anymore: there is only one (big) ISO file.

In order to make a Custom Baseline you've got to start launch_hpsum.bat and do a Options/BaseLineLibrary and then Actions/Create Custom. You then choose  O/S,ServerType and so on. From that you can create a bootable ISO or

only the xml+all the cp's you need for your customized baseline.

That works very well. You can update your server with the bootable CD.

You can even do a "Upload Service Pack" in the VCRM, but ...  you cannot see your customized baseline as a reference,

so you cannot assign your customized baseline to servers from within HPSIM.

Am I correct, or do I miss something ??

PZ
1 REPLY
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom Baseline with HPSUM

If you upload the SPP into your VCRM it will show up and will only show updates for the server/OS you hold it against. So if you upload this one SPP you can assign this to all your servers. If you create a custom baseline in the VCRM it also creats a XML file, this file is what defines a baseline. I have not tried to create a package with HPSUM but if you want that to work in the VCRM it must create a XML.

Kind regards,

Andrew