1753806 Members
8214 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Custom Command

phayesred

Custom Command

I have HP Insight Manager 5.0 running and am trying to setup a custom command. I get the following error when trying to run the task. I am passing the computername parmeter to the batch file I am processing. I can run the batch file via a normal command line. The SIM account is an administrator on the server where I am running the console. The path is correct which launches a batch file to get the uptime of a server and the uses blat to send the information via email. The error is as follows:
Ssh Operation failed for node:server.domain.com. :Connection refused: connect
3 REPLIES 3
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom Command

Make sure that you have SSH configured correctly. More details at http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_5_ssh.pdf
phayesred

Thanks for the reply. I have the documentation but would like to work around the SSH and am having troubles filtering through the documentation. The command script needs only to be run at the management server and not launched on the client/agent. I have two SIM servers that are set up similarly. One SIM server can run the script under the administrator ID and the other will not run under any other context (ID). How can I get the script (which runs at the command line flawlessly either server) to run under the SIM service account without trying to launch this on the agent? In this case SSH serves no purpose. Thanks.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Later versions of HPSIM don't use SSH as much, especially for the internal stuff.
I think this even changed in some of the 5.0 SP releases. Which version of 5.0 are you on.

You could also consider going to 5.1 of HPSIM