1752583 Members
4996 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Custom Report for Management Processor Firmware Missing Info

Matt Carson
Occasional Contributor

Custom Report for Management Processor Firmware Missing Info

I created a custom report to list the firmware versions for our iLOs, RILOEs,and RILOE2s. We have 552 devices. The fields in the report include the system name, IP Address, Product Model and ROM Version. The paramenter for the collection used for the report is "system type is management processor."

All of the management processor system names are displayed by the report, but 45 are missing the Product Model, and 77 are missing the ROM revision. The devices with missing information include iLOs, RILOEs, and RILOE2s.

The firmware is up to date on every device and the version info displays OK in the Lights Out Migration tool and command line tools. I've tried resetting devices to default, reflashing the firmware, removing the devices from SIM, rediscovering (manual and automatic), and running the software and hardware ID tasks. I can't get SIM to correctly report the firwmare/ROM version for every managment processor.

I'm trying to setup scheduled custom commands in SIM to enforce standard configurations, and future firmware updates, but I can't trust the tasks if I can't trust SIM to correctly identify the devices and their attributes.

Am I missing something?