3766 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Custom Tool - Need Help quickly :-)

Jim_
Advisor

Custom Tool - Need Help quickly :-)

Ok all I want to do is the following:
1) Copy a file from the CMS server to all target remote servers.
2) Run the following command from C:\program files\HP\hponfig\hponcfg.exe /f MyFile.xml

I pushed out OpenSSH but I can't figure out how to get my custom tool to run.
I'm confused on what parameters to set in the custom tool. I tried setting up the copy from as \\servername\customtool to C:\customtool

Command line parameters is setup to run a cmd with that runs.(hponcfg.exe /f MyFile.xml)C:\customtool\disableilo.cmd

Can a custom tool run an executable by copying files to the server and running the executable locally? (Like PsExec.exe)

I currently get this error "The "Run as" user does not have adequate permission to manipulate this file: Connection refused: connect"
4 REPLIES 4
Jim_
Advisor

Re: Custom Tool - Need Help quickly :-)

Found the solution
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

What the answer?
Jim_
Advisor

Sorry don't know what happened to the rest of my reply and it's the same answer as the other post. :-)

Under copy files to the target systems it said (must be a fully qualified path): * I tried to use the following but it did not work:\\servername\share or c:\customfile

I then changed it to include the actual filename c:\customfile\myfile.xml
Note: This file is on the SIM server)

Under command with parameters I was able to use the hponcfg.exe /f myfile.xml and it worked.
justin brady_2
Occasional Advisor

Jim,

I am getting the "Run as" user does not have adequate permission to manipulate this file: Connection refused: connect

How did you get rid of this error message.

Regards,
Jusitn