1747994 Members
4689 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Custom Tools

mt3dek
Advisor

Custom Tools

I am trying to understand how to use the Custom Tools section. I am looking for a viable solution to discover users logged onto multiple machines.

Any help is great.

Thanks

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom Tools

Hello Matt,

HP Sysytems Insight Manager is a hardware monitoring / deploy tool mainly intended for supporting HP hardware. If you want to know if users are logged into multiple systems you could take a look at other monitoring tools like Nagios.

I know that does not help, but just to let you know.

kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
mt3dek
Advisor

Even if the hardware is hp?
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I believe you want OS information, SIM can detect diskspace, CPU load and general OS information. You could create a script that could show the users logged on to a machine or a group of servers but to create a overall view, that's a whole other thing. You can't store this information in the SIM database.

Any other tool could the same, HP Rappid Deployment or Altiris (both the same tool) could also do this. You are looking for a tool that could run such a tool on all of your servers and write the result in a file on a shared disk. That do you math and sort on users. But all of this has nothing to do with SIM. You can use the credentials in SIM to query your servers but the script itself you'd have to create yourself. You could also look in the script forum for SIM or ask your question there.

The forum can be found here http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-SIM-Tools-and-Scripts/bd-p/itrc-495#.U6_P7doayK0

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew