Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom associations

Custom associations

Hey all

I've got a situation where i have unmanaged devices that I would like to add an associations of servers underneath.

The following is an example of the dependency chain;

SiteRouter01 --> SiteSwitch01 --> SiteServer01

While SIM seems to do an average job of creating these associations between ILO devices and servers, is there any way (commandline or otherwise) to create a manual system association? I only ask because I want the health status to roll up from my servers to my networking devices. Likewise, I wanted to roll failed status down, because if you can't get access to the router or switch the server will be offline too.

fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom associations

You cannot associate a server to a switch as HP SIM does it for Ilos and servers or enclosures and blades and ilos.

However, nothing prevent you from creating collections that would regroup the SiteRouter01 + SiteSwitch01 + SiteServer01. The collection could be named Site1 and HP SIM allows you to associate the collection members' status to the collection itself so that if one member of the cllection shows a major status for instance, this status is reflected to the highest point: being the collection itself.

That is the nearest configuration you can get to your point.

hope it helps

“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov

Re: Custom associations

Thanks fred, that's pretty much what I had thought, although a collection doesn't provide me the nice system breakdown view in a tree like associations do.

Thanks for answering however!