3875 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Customize events

simli27
Advisor

Customize events

Hello community,

I'm new in working with HP SIM and have got a few questions about it.

1. Is it possible to customize the existing events? For example I get some critical events "System is unreachable" for notebooks. To get this information for managed server is fine but I don't want it for notebooks. How can I define that?

2. Is it possible to create new sorts of events which means own events? How?

I hope that there is anyone out there who can help me - thank you!

Regards

simli27

3 REPLIES 3
SenneVL
Frequent Advisor

1) create a event handling task to handle systems 'by attributes' system type  is notebook and events of your choice and put them in state 'cleared'

2) it depends on what you mean. Events are based upon incoming SNMP traps and/or WBEm indications. You can change how sim reacts upon these events in options -events

You an add additional mibs and configure SIm to assign a certain priotiry for the traps from that mib using options-events-snmp trap settings

simli27
Advisor

Thanks for your answers!

to 1) What does state "cleared" mean? For example if I create a event handling task and select all system type "notebook" plus "All events" this means that there are no more events to see caused by notebooks?

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Changing SNMP events is easy, but I still cannot find a way to alter WBEM events (severity, etc), do you know? Thanks.