HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC replication fails after upgrade to newer PSP

Yerun
Advisor

DC replication fails after upgrade to newer PSP

We are experiencing problems when upgrading one of our Domain Controllers to PSP 8.25.

The current installed PSP on the DC is 8.15.

This week we tried to update the PSP for the 2nd time, and after the server rebooted we had the same problem:

No NTDS replication between the DC's and the following event is logged.

Event ID 1053 Source UserEnv.

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

So one of the drivers in the PSP must be causing this I guess. Could it be that port 135 is being blocked by, for example, the NIC driver?
The other DC was succesfully upgraded to PSP 8.25.

I can't work out yet what to look for.
Any help will be appreciated :)
2 REPLIES

Re: DC replication fails after upgrade to newer PSP

Are you using NIC teaming? It can cause problems sometimes. Maybe the PSP updated the NIC drivers and broke something with the NIC teaming. Either try breaking the team or downgrade the NIC driver back to the old version.
Yerun
Advisor

Re: DC replication fails after upgrade to newer PSP

Yes, we are using teaming.
And together with the problem I mensioned above, the following event was logged many times:

Faulting application wmiprvse.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module HPWinHostedEthernetTeam.dll, version 2.2.1.0, fault address 0x00005e70.

I'm sure this could be also the reason the Endpoint mapper problems arose.