cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL185 System unknown on HP system management homepage

zeddy_1
Advisor

DL185 System unknown on HP system management homepage

The DL185 came pre-installed with windows and all the hp agents/tools. Its 3 months old.

The HP system management homepage has never worked properly and is showing "system model: unknown" and I have no system information at all.

There doesn't appear to be any HP system management homepage updates to install for the DL185.

Anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: DL185 System unknown on HP system management homepage

Someone must have mistakenly installed the SMH on this system. ProLiant 100 series G5 and earlier have no management agents. There are some new management capabilities being delivered as part of the new G6 series, although it is different than ProLiant 300 and above. There is not a DL185G6 at this point, although other models have been announced.
zeddy_1
Advisor

Re: DL185 System unknown on HP system management homepage

I'm the server admin, nobody else has access to the servers.

I've had this problem before with other HP machines, but an install of the Proliant support pack and/or update of the hp system management homepage has fixed the problem. (the DL185 doesn't have these listed on its HP driver/software page)

Perhaps you are right, and although it has the system management page, it will not function.