Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380G5 SAS event doesn't appear in SIM 5.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
BGergely
Occasional Advisor

DL380G5 SAS event doesn't appear in SIM 5.1

At one of our customer a strange error occured!
They have a SIM 5.1 installed, and everything is working fine, but today when they looked at the Insight All systems view, they discovered that one of the DL380G5 is degreded by a disk error!
No event was generated by the insight (event view shows nothing about it!)!!!
At the server level we see the error (the icons are showing the level of problem), and at the SMH we seet it too (P800 degraded, IML has event), and at the machine windows eventlog we have entries about the disk faliure.
Becouse there was no evet, no e-mail was sent to support personel (they have an event handler for all events..)

If somebody has any idea what could be wrong, please tell us!!
Thanks! :)
2 REPLIES
Neysters, Lutz
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: DL380G5 SAS event doesn't appear in SIM 5.1

First thing I would look at are snmp traps. If the storage agent produces an event in the windows event log, this should also be sent by snmp trap to your central management server with your SIM 5.1
Please check if a test trap is received successfully (control panel, HP Management Agents, SNMP settings, send test trap (send confirmation included)
or on your SMH: settings, snmp & agent settings, send test trap)
If not, please check trap destination and community name.
BGergely
Occasional Advisor

Re: DL380G5 SAS event doesn't appear in SIM 5.1

Hi.

Thanks for the advice, I had the same idea, so before the HDD change I set the trap, so we got mails about the rebuild of the raid.

But it's still strage that when the SIM pulls the status of the server, and sees the error (and it saw!), no event is generated..