1748195 Members
4608 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL385P G8 and mail alert

Michieletti Enrico
Occasional Advisor

DL385P G8 and mail alert

Hi! I'm trying to configure mail alert in case of an hardware failure on a DL385P G8 server, i've installed the hp support pack, but i'm unable to find a software that can do what i need. On older HP servers there was an "event notifier" software, but on this one i can't find it, neither as a download on the HP support site. All is updated to the latest SPP.

As now i have "HP System Management Homepage", "HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows", iLO configuration utility and an "Integrated management log viewer".

What software i can use for alerting me in case of an hardware problem? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

you can download the HP SIM software for Windows here http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04770834

how many servers do you have? Is the Event notifier service disabled but installed under services?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Michieletti Enrico
Occasional Advisor

Hi! thanks for the answer! I've only this server, that's also an AD DC, and seem that HP SIM con't install on DC...

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

This is correct, you could run SIM on a virtual but if you only have one server i would go for the email option on the server. Try to install the management agent software. This is probably nor installed as the SPP detected a gen8 or newer server . The notifier should be part of this package. Then you do have to configure it.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Michieletti Enrico
Occasional Advisor

Fixed with "HPE Insight Management Agents for Windows Server x64 Editions", does exactly what i was trying to do, thanks!