1752805 Members
5510 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Daily System Identification Task Locks Out HP SIM Service Account

Da Kadre
Occasional Contributor

Daily System Identification Task Locks Out HP SIM Service Account

This has been happening every day when the default system IDentification task runs.
It started after passwords were changed.

I belive I reset everything multiple times, but somthing appears to still be botched.
Everything appears to run correctly with proper credentials except when the daily system id task runs.

I use one AD service account for HP SIM (and the SSH service) and use the same service account for the VCA's on the client servers.

The process I have performed for changing the service account password is:
1. Shut down HP SIM and SSH service.
2. From a cmd prompt run mxpasswd -g and change the password for the 3 listed in the dropdown.
3. restart the SIM and SSH services.

(Once SIM is running again I also made sure the Global Credentials were updated through Options, Security).

Am I missing something?
Any tips on getting this correct?
The task runs as SERVERNAME\mxadmin

Thanks,
Da Kadre
1 REPLY 1
ClarkKent_1

Re: Daily System Identification Task Locks Out HP SIM Service Account

I found that the system for the base tasks will go back and use any of the credentials stored in any of your "Discovery" queries.  Go through all of the credentials there for each query. (Be sure to use the "advanced" link for the credentials.

We had a gentleman on our team that had his credentials in one of the Discovery queries and his account was getting locked out whenver the Daily System Identification Task would run.

CK