1753736 Members
4500 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Daily emails saying can't reach IP address

Rick Curtis_3
Advisor

Daily emails saying can't reach IP address

I have some servers behind a firewall for which I have successfuly gotten the VCAgent to talk back to the main SIM server which resides on the "inside". The agent seems to have no problem reading the repository and doing manually driven updates.

However, every day I get an email from the SIM console saying:

IP Address: System is unreachable: Critical Server Event Alert

I have no doubt that there is an additional rule needed in my firwall set...can someone point me in the right direction?
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

There are a couple of polling tasks that run, these default to every 5 minutes (servers) and 10 minutes (non-servers). So I'd expect there to be more alerts than just one a day. They just use ping / snmp etc.
Rick Curtis_3
Advisor

Well...after checking the times a bit closer, these emails appear to be happening every 17 hours. Where would I find these polloing tasks? And then back to my original question...why are they failing?
Rick Curtis_3
Advisor

Additional info: Email contains the following

Event description: The current system is no longer reachable from the central management server, hardware status polling has marked this system as not responding

Unless I'm dealing with just a momentary bandwidth issue or something like that, this is a bogus message. If these systems (3) were *really* unreachable, other system monitoring tools would be squawking.

BTW-I found where the tasks are located/scheduled!