1753926 Members
9253 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Daylight Savings Time HPSIM

Kimik
Frequent Advisor

Daylight Savings Time HPSIM

Does anybody know how to patch HPSIM to use daylight savings time? I've tried a standard Java style timezone patch into the HP SIM \lib\zi directory but it didn't work.

Can HP or somebody please help?
There's no present like time
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I thought it just used the Server time?
I know that for a short time after daylight Savings kicked in here (NZ) there was a daylight savings option box at the login screen. It went away again so I've no idea what controls it.

Kimik
Frequent Advisor

I'm not sure. Usually JAVA based apps have their own regional settings and need their own separate patching when DST time is introduced. The problem for Perth was we changed from no DST to DST in a couple of weeks, so there hasn't been time for global timezone patches...
There's no present like time
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

I'm glad you brought this up, this could end up being an issue, not just to SIM but any app that uses Java.

AFAIK, SIM is running on JRSE 1.4.1_04 which does not have a supported patch from Sun, and requires using the tzupdater tool. I haven't tried this yet, but i'll see if I can get around to it soon.

Definately an issue though, as Java based applications use time independant from the OS.

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

Correction, its J2re 1.4.2_03. Either way, still needs that tool.

I wonder if we could just update the J2re to a newer version. This causes issues sometimes, don't suppose anyone's tried that yet.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HPSIM installs its own the JRE into a separate set of directories. I'm not too sure how you would go about updating these.
The version installed as part of our HPSIM 5.0 SP5 install reports itself as 1.5.0_01-b08.

There are at least two other JRE installations on this server in the more usual /Program Files/Java directory.