Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752600 Members
4793 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Deleting or excluding workstation from alerting email daily from HP-SIM ?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Deleting or excluding workstation from alerting email daily from HP-SIM ?

Hi All,

I'm using HP SIM v7.5 but so far I always gets noise or unused alert from workstation that is turned off or on daily ?

How can I exclude HP desktop & laptop from being alerted by HP-SIM ?

See the below list, how to delete it but keeping the servers and any other HP hardware monitored.

HP-SIM.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

Seems i missed this question, so correcting this right away. 

You can create collection for alerting you, as you showed in your screenshot you can change your collection to is not instead of is! This way you can create a collection of objects that you can later use for forwarding alerts to let's say email or SNMP forwarding. Do you use rules for alerting ?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Server-Support
Super Advisor

@Andrew_Haak thanks for the reply, however I do not know how to supress or exclude the desktop notification ?

This HP SIM is setup by my predecessor so I do not know how to configure it, I just want to remove the desktop notification from the email alerting.

Best regards,
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Please look under Options > Events > Automatic Event Handling > Manage Tasks and look for a task that sends e-mails. The job runs whenever the choosen filter in the job finds an certain event for a certain set of objects. See what filters where used and either change the filter or create your own by clicking the blue customize link. Here you cam create or change collections of servers and events.

Under system and events collections you can create or alter collection
Kind regards,

Andrew