Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752661 Members
5437 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dell integration into HP SIM 6.3 (WBEM and SNMP problems)

Hazza
Occasional Advisor

Dell integration into HP SIM 6.3 (WBEM and SNMP problems)

Hi everyone,

I have done a lot of reading on the forums, and cannot find a clear answer as to wether this is, or is not supported.

We have an equal amount of Dell and HP servers. All the HP servers are working perfectly.

I have followed the HP documentation on how to add a Dell server and I am able to discover them, with all the details. Make, model, serial number OS etc etc. All is well.

WBEM protocol supported, SNMP supported

However when the discover process is completed, I get the critical error: "Critical: The system(s) can not be identified by either WBEM or SNMP"

I have manually changed the system credentials to what they are (even though they are in the global settings) and I STILL get the same error.

Can anyone help to get this sorted? the server I am trying to add are: Linux (SLES).

I have atatched a copy of the official Dell procedures on how to add Dell server. Although this is for an older version of SIM, still applicable and the steps are almost the same for 6.3.

Thank you all.

11 REPLIES 11
Hazza
Occasional Advisor

I cannot believe there is nobody out there with the same problem, or a fix for it.

Not even anyone from HP?

Surely I am not the first person to have this problem?

cyanl
Regular Advisor

have the problem be solved?I meet the same problem, consider can it add dell ilo ip, not install OMSA?

Hazza
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Yes I found a solution, here is what you MUST have on your server, reporting to Dell.

rwcommunity (write string) 127.0.0.1
rocommunity (read string) 127.0.0.1
rwcommunity (write string) (ip of your SIM Server)
rocommunity (read string)  (ip of your SIM Server)
trapcommunity (community string)
trapsink (ip of your SIM Server) (read string) 

once you have all this, the Dell servers will successfully send SNMP traps to your SIM server.

Good luck.

jeffcohen
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, are all of the strings on the DELL server?  Where do they 127.0.0.1 strings go?

jeffcohen
Occasional Advisor

Are you able to provide a screenshot? That would be most helpful
Hazza
Occasional Advisor

Yes, this is what should be on your Dell servers.

But you have to make sure your SIM server also has the same settings, so it can receive the traps.

jeffcohen
Occasional Advisor

just to clarify. Anything with a read, write or R/W string goes into security and the "trapcommunity (community string)" goes into
traps.

If that is correct, do I duplicate all entries as mentione above on both the HP server and the DELL server?

Thank you kindly for your help.
Hazza
Occasional Advisor

Yes this is correct.

Let mek now how you go, happy to help further.

jeffcohen
Occasional Advisor

If I have a read only string for RW community it doesn't save the read write string for the same community name. I can either have two strings at read only or two at read write. I cannot get all four. Very odd.