7569 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deploy HD-Firmware with SIM 5.2

huether
Occasional Advisor

Deploy HD-Firmware with SIM 5.2

Hello,
how can i deploy Harddrivefirmware and MSAfirmware with sim 5.2? I saw, that the firmwarefile is in the VCRM.
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You can't deploy disk firmware from HPSIM, you usually do it by booting from the Firmware CD.

Not sure about MSAs.
huether
Occasional Advisor

Hello Rob,
thanks for the quick answer. But why is the VCRM downloading the HD-Firmware?
That Problem came up, because we get errors, when i try to mount the Firmwareupdate CD over the ILO to boot from that CD. It is not possible to run the Firmware Update CD over ILO. I get errors from the Linux where the Firmware-CD is booting.
Regards
Markus
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm trying desperately to remember what we did because we also had an issue where we couldn't boot the servers from the firmware CD.
Have you downloaded the latest one? I can't recall if that was our issue or a dodgy HBA.

The VCRM does pull down quite a bit of stuff, I still tend to do it manually.
huether
Occasional Advisor

Hello Rob,
i tryed it with several versions. Even with the version 8.2. Same Problem. When i burn a CD from the iso and boot the Server from the cd than it├В┬┤s working. The ilo is a ilo2 in several dl385g2 (Firmware is 1.60). When i mount the iso-file over the ilo and the server is booting from the iso, than the server lost the conneced to the iso. In Ilo2 the image is unmounted. It looks that is a main problem with linux. Last week i tryed to install a server with RedHat-linux over ilo2 and i had the same Problem. Iso gets unmounted. Do you have any solution?
regardes
Markus
mark q
Regular Advisor

check your ilo's make sure theyre set to 100 full (if you can) I have some of the same problems here if the install iso isn't on the same subnet as the server.

- check your local java version if your using java on the ilo's (for virtual media)
- check the iso (burn it and try it somewhere else lately I've been having problems with the images being corrupt.