Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752685 Members
5452 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Deploy/Install RPMS/Custom commands in a root SSH restricted access linux environment

David Fernandez Vaamond
Occasional Contributor

Deploy/Install RPMS/Custom commands in a root SSH restricted access linux environment

Hi,

We're experiencing some problems with HP SIM and conection to some systems with SSH.

A lot of customers want to close SSH root access, so we need to access to the machine with another user and use "su -" to become in root user.

How can we access to this machines with that restriction?

SSH keys?

All ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards, David
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Deploy/Install RPMS/Custom commands in a root SSH restricted access linux environment

root access is a requirement for this feature.
David Fernandez Vaamond
Occasional Contributor

Re: Deploy/Install RPMS/Custom commands in a root SSH restricted access linux environment

Thank you for your response David but my question is not about if root access is or not mandatory, my question is about "How can I access with ssh root restrictions like root user?"

For example: If SSHs host keys jump over this restriction could be helpful, if HP SIM has some option to do this "su -" action, It could be helpful too :).

I know other programs can do things like those :).

Anyway, many thanks for your help.

Regards, David
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

No, you cannot use a regular account to access (which is why I said root was required) and then escalate privileges through su or sudo or the like.
David Fernandez Vaamond
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thank you. I must think about other way to do that (Disable temporaly this restrictions or something like this).

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, David