108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deploy certicate to managed Windows servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tooling
Frequent Advisor

Deploy certicate to managed Windows servers

I am looking for a way to put the HP SIM management server certificate automatically in the Altiris installation, so we don't have to deploy it later from HP SIM with the "Configure or Repair Agents" option.
This because I don't have the rights to login the managed server and only are supposed to enter de SMH. What information do I have to pass to our Altiris Team so they can put the certicate in our default server image? The PSP is alreay in that, incl. SMH.
I have already exported the HP SIM management server certificate but am not sure where they must put it on the managed servers. Is there a command line for SMH to import trusted servers certicates?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor
Solution

on the HP RDP server go to
c:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\lib\software\ProLiant Support Pack 8.15 for Windows 2003

run setup.exe

select local host to install and NEXT
choose bundle and OK
Choose configure now across from HP system Management Homepage
configure to include the certificate.

this changes the cpxxxx.exe so make a copy of the file.

next time the server is built and psp installed then the CMS server will be trusted automatically.

steven
Tooling
Frequent Advisor

Thank so much, I will try this next week.
Tooling
Frequent Advisor

Your solution works perfectly!
I needed to automate the (company standaard) PSP7.90 VC and SMH but HPSUM doesn't work correct in the PSP7.90 version. So I used the 8.15 HPSUM to configure the VC and SMH included in PSP7.90. This worked fine and new executables were build. When I extract these I see a new *.cfg file included (with the SIM-server certificate). Thanks very much!
Tooling
Frequent Advisor

---