Valued Contributor

Re: Did HP come out with SIM 5 SP3 ?

Kevin,
would you please post the link here ? Thanks

Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Thanks Christian, i seem to be a bit slow in searching these days..
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Kevin, look at this uRL, it has info..
https://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPSIM-Win
Quote:
Service Pack 3 (Latest HP SIM version for Windows, available for download below)

Full support for the HP Virtual Server Environment (VSE)
Initial support for HP ProLiant WBEM providers
Significant bug fixes across the application including the following:
Fixes SIM trust issue where trust with managed systems was sometimes broken and could not be established even though it was properly configured.
Fixes problems with the HP SIM installer not accepting some valid characters for passwords and account names. This issue has been greatly improved, but there are still some potential problems with passwords or account names that contain spaces.
Fixes the "invalid credentials" problem that prevented HP SIM installation when the Windows security policy on the database system was configured as follows: Network security: LAN Manager authentication level = Send NTLMv2 response only/refuse LM & NTLM

NOTE: For remote databases, the Windows security policy on the Central Management Server (CMS) must also be configured the same. Refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 823659.

--> We'll see how the Trust issue is resolved. :)

Also, Christian posted the link to the full HP SIM 5.0 with SP3, is there just a SP3 update for existing installs ? Though the link mentions to go to the HP SIM page (http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows.html), it doesnt show there (yet?)..
Back to the drawing board..

Sorry about that, but the actual download link I don't believe it is updated yet, what I've downloaded as "SIM 5 with SP3" was just a 10MB file "HPSIM-Win-C.05.00.01.00.exe" which I think is a previous HotFix. I'm sorry I've misleaded you guys, I'm waiting as anxious as everybody else to get my hands on the SP3, in the hope that it will fix all the problems we have with the SIM 5...
It is such a dissapointing for me that I was considering going back to SIM 4.2, but I decided instead to wait and do another fresh install with the SP3, maybe that will work...
In theory SIM is a wonderfull product, but in reality is full of bugs and issues more than any other piece of software I've ever seen (and I'm NOT a Microsoft fan)...
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Christian, not a problem. Apparently we're both eager to resolve the issues and get back to work with a good SIM version..
I agree that SIM 5 was more than just a backwards step and i am seriously hoping that SP3 will fix a lot of the issues we are having with it, at the same time, i can see where HP was going with it. But still, it makes me look like a fool promoting it (and having promoted it for a long time). I told people to stick to 4.2 until 5 is worked out.. Sad really..

But there is still hope.. :)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

There's a link to SP3 from the following page:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/dl_windows.html#windowsupdate

That should download SP3179 which is just over 40MB.

There's also a link to HPSIM 5.0 with SP3 included.
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Ding Ding Ding.. Rob, you're the man !!

Looks like they just updated the page too.. :)

Thanks much..
Stefan Laemmer
Valued Contributor

Last link provides link to updated HP SIM download page with SP3.