1753645 Members
5978 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Disable Heath Status warning for "Drive Array - failed battery"

Billy13
Occasional Visitor

Disable Heath Status warning for "Drive Array - failed battery"

Hi, I have a lot of servers that have a dead battery on the Drive Array controller. We are switching to VMware so it is not something management wants to go out and fix right now.  Is there a way to remove the health status warning for the drive controller battery only?  I still want to see when something goes wrong with the controller other than the battery. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Disable Heath Status warning for "Drive Array - failed battery"

Hello,

Do you use SNMP or WBEM monitoring for your servers?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Billy13
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I am pretty sure we use SNMP (I didn't set it up).

Thanks!

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Look at the following menu option Options Î Events Î SNMP Trap Setting, here you can enable or disable specific alerts.

If you want to know wich mib you need look at the events and at the bottom it shows what mib created the event.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Billy13
Occasional Visitor

Ok, so I went into the SNMP trap settings and selected cpqida.mib and then selected the trap name of CPQDA2ACCELBADDATATRAP and CPQDA2ACCELBATTERYFAILED and set the trap handling to no.  This is getting rid of the events, but not the health settings.  See the attached pic, which may help me explain.  I click "all servers" in HPSIM and I see a bunch of warning signs under HS that are because of the battery.

Thanks

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

This is correct, events is one tree and status is an other. The status is polled by a sheduled task that runs from the SIm server to the objects in SIM. So even if you disable or don't get the trap events the polling will still change because of the polling.

Kind regards,

Andrew