1752514 Members
4747 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disable Performance Monitor Pack

Chris Coates_1
Advisor

Disable Performance Monitor Pack

I purchased a few licenses for PMP to test it. I know want to disable or remove it but cannot determine how. I need to keep performance alerts from coming into SIM. I suspect that I am missing something simple.
How do I remove it?

Thanks
Chris
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

PMP is installed as part of HPSIM. You can simply stop the PMP monitoring of those servers using the PMP configuration screen.

Not sure what performance alerts you're talking about. There are some basic ones that come from the standard HP Agents, disk busy and capacity, pagefile usage are all set by thresholds in the agents.
PMP can be configured to Log, Monitor and Alert, but any combination of those can be selected. I just use the Monitor on as I find the alerts a bit too sensitive.
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

What I am trying to do, is prevent the "Processor time Failed (19002)" and "Processor time degraded (19001)" messages from showing up in SIM. I get dozens per day and often miss messages I want to see because there are so many of these that I am not interested in. I have set the processor thresholds as high as possible but they still come in. I have tried to un-license the systems but cant. I have tried creating rules to automatically clear these errors but again that is not working. I dont want to reload the SIM server, but I am getting to that point.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Neither of those messages are generated by the Performance Management Pack; they are standard traps in the management agent. You need to investigate the source of the problem.
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

There is not a problem, these app servers occasionally have brief spikes in processor usage. It is normal and per the vendor, to be expected.
How to I keep these messages from showing up?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Disable the thresholds for Processor or exclude these events from your e-mail event handler.
As noted earlier these are not PMP related, they're part of the agent config.
You should just be able to reset the sliders to zero.