1752290 Members
4912 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disable a single alert in SIM?

mastersgerald

Disable a single alert in SIM?

Hi Fans,

We have a Test/Dev server here that has STD EEC memory in it, and every time we reboot there is a POST error reporting the fact:
POST Error: 207-Memory Configuration Warning тАУ DIMM in DIMM Socket 2A does not have Primary Width of 4 and only supports standard EEC

Now, we don't really care about the error since it is only a Test/Dev server. But when it alerts it notifies the helpdesk, who (bless them) go through the correct procedure and raise a ticket based on the alert. Which we then close.
So, I want to stop the server from alerting SIM on that error, or stop SIM from caring that the error happens. Is that possible? If it is, I have not found the way yet!

Oh, and due to company policy they I am not able to write an exception rule for one alert on one specific server - it's not generic enough.

Any help greatly appreciated!
G
2 REPLIES 2
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Nice bureaucracy you got there ;-)

On way would be to disable the handling of this type of SNMP trap:
1) click on one of the alerts
2) scroll all the way down to "Mib Information" and note the MIB file name and identifier
3) got to Options->Events->SNMP Trap Settings
4) select the appropiate trap and set "Enable Trap Handling" to "No"
mastersgerald

Not a bad idea that one. But wouldn't that disable the trap for all servers? Which is probably not desirable...

G