5323 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disabling a update within HP Version Control Agent

Ben Johnston 2204
Occasional Contributor

Disabling a update within HP Version Control Agent

Hi

I have a Windows 2003 SP2 HP StorageWorks 4000s NAS and after patchig this server on teh weekend I was getting failures on on particula update "HP ProLiant Smart Array P700m Clustering Support Software for Windows".

When Installing it says that this update is not required and will not be installed. We are not clustering our NAS servers so I can undertand why this update would not be needed.

But is there a way of stopping this alert from showing on the HP Version Control Agent for this server??

Do I have to set the reference support pack?

Thanks

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yes, Setting the Reference pack should then just vet the SW against the PSP. Also leave the check box blank in the screen where the reference pak is set. Otherwise it vets both over and above the reference pak. Typically you only need to check for updated modules.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02028204&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=3690366

can check above Customer Advisory for smiler issue, & workaround to create CSB can be used as a temporary solution from that CA, till it is fix in VCA.
Ben Johnston 2204
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your responses.

I have set the support pack to a custom one and it displays that the status is fine (green).

However in HP SIM itself I am still getting alerted that the Software is out of date on the 'All Sytems' screen.

Is this due to the fact that some of the current versions do not match the latest versions e.g. the Version control agent on the W2K server will not match the latest version 6.1.0.841.

Thanks