108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Discovering VMware host

SOLVED
Go to solution
Neil Whittaker
Occasional Advisor

Discovering VMware host

I'm using HPSIM 51 I have installed the HP Virtual Machine Management Pack 2.2 but as yet no Virutal machine are being picked up. Is there anything else I need to do or should the machines be picked up by discovery as long as they run the VCA? Hope you can help!
3 REPLIES 3
Rider
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Discovering VMware host

Hi Neil,

First thing is make you insight management intalled on the VM host to identify as Vm host, SNMP community string as to configured properly to get the data.

Once it is identified as VM host, You register the VM host and license by VMM license from HP SIM license manager. Then you can manage the VM host and VM guest from HP SIM
A Real man makes his own luck
Neil Whittaker
Occasional Advisor

Rider, thanks for the response.
The GSX server shows up in a Virtual machines hosts collection. I have earlier registerd the server as a virtual machine. However, there are no items showing under the 'VM' column. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would expect to see a symbol in that column next to the server if HP SIM sees it as a virtual machine. Also, I have done nothing in the way of licensing for virutal server is this a separate license that needs to be setup, but HP SIM is licensed.
Rider
Trusted Contributor

Yes Neil, You need separate license to manager VM host via HP SIM which is VMM (Virtual machine Management) licenses. Unless you license the VM host via HP SIM, you will not getting any info the VM column i.e "Normal" icon or in the system page of the Vm host.
A Real man makes his own luck