2992 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Discovery Filters

SIT
Regular Advisor

Discovery Filters

Hi,

I have enable discovery filter to not discover Switch (see Attachement)

However, the discovery return device where system Type = Switch ... ??!

Thanks for your answer
5 REPLIES 5
SIT
Regular Advisor

Re: Discovery Filters

My Switchs are discover in association with an Enclosure.

And in my discovery options, i have check "Discover systems in an enclosure when Onboard Administrator is discovered" ...

Do you think that the switch are auto discover with the enclosure ... so the filter does not apply ?

Thanks
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor

Hi,
When you discover OA with the option "Discover systems in an enclosure when OA is discovered" checked, IT will go and create logical nodes for servers and switches in an enclousure and are associated with its server enclosure. By logical nodes you mean they do not have IP address and hence most of the management capabilities will be disabled. Its like a bare metal device. These logical servers/switches bypass the discovery filter capabilities and hence are discovered even if its filtered not to discover.
Hope this clears your doubt.
Thanks
Deepak
Performance is compulsion and not an option if my existence is to be justified.
SIT
Regular Advisor

It's what I feared.

Ok, so... no choice or trick (instead of add those switchs IP in the exclusuion range ... ?)

Thanks
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor

No option to filter out logical switch creation apart from unchecking the checkbox "Discover systems in enclosure". But when you discover those switches via ip you can put those switch ip's in exclusion range and physical nodes will not be created for those switches.
Performance is compulsion and not an option if my existence is to be justified.
SIT
Regular Advisor

Ok thanks