5083 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Discovery Problem

the1paulcole
Occasional Advisor

Discovery Problem

Hi,

Up until about a week ago, Insight had been running fine. Then, for some unknown reason, it is now no longer recognising our servers as being servers. Barring 5 servers, the rest are showing as being Unknown. I have deleted them from the list and run discovery and Identify Systems again and still get the same problem. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Paul
5 REPLIES 5
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello the1paulcole,

Can you try this on one node which is showing up unknown?

1.Ensure the SNMP settings is the same as of the other node which shows correct information.
2.The trap destination should point to the CMS ip or the name.
3.Restart agents and SNMP and SNMP trap service on both the CMS and managed node.
4.Delete the managed node and do a manual discovery via node ip or name.

If this works,try the same on other nodes.

Btw,did you make any change on the CMS or the nodes(PSP upgrade)?

SRH
LukaS_9
Regular Advisor

It seems to be a wbem configuration.
Have you tried to reconfigure wbem protocol from Options-->Protocol Settings-->System Protocol Setting?
If yes, try to verify wbem connection (see attachment. You have to put the correct Namespace and Class.

regards
Luca
the1paulcole
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Sandeep - I looked at the SNMP settings yesterday before I made this post and they both matched. I have stop/started the services as suggested and run a manual discovery on one of the servers after deleting it and it still comes up as unknown. The only way I can get IM to recognise it as being a server is by forcing it within a manual scan. This is all well and good until I run another discovery.... The only other thing to come from this is that the software status on these servers no longer appear. It's like the VCA has stopped working or just no longer reports on the status of the software.

LukaS - I'm not sure what you mean as when this was setup, all settings were default settings and it worked perfectly fine. Do you know why this would suddenly be a problem?

The only other thing I have noticed with the IM host server is a battery problem on the array controller although I don't think this will have any effect on the issue i've mentioned....????
the1paulcole
Occasional Advisor

Does anyone else have any ideas please?