108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Discovery completed, what's next?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Illmatic127
Advisor

Discovery completed, what's next?

The discovery process was completed over the weekend. I see many unmanaged nodes appears on the list.

According to the .pdf, the next step will be to deploy the agent? How would I do that?

Could someone give me some input on what to do, in order to manage these nodes?

Big points!!

thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Ian Kirvell
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi.

Lots of things to do to get your servers being managed.

Make sure they are all running HP Agents (windows and linux available from HP.com) which can be deployed via SIM, or can be run as a local executable install.

Make sure they are all in the same SNMP community, this is really important or else SIM won't be able to drag any information out of the servers.

Make sure SNMP on each server is configured to send alerts to the DNS name of your SIM server, or else SIM will never receive any alerts!

Make sure your SIM DNS name is in the SNMP "managed by" entry on each server, or else each of your servers will ignore SIM when it requests information.

Hope that helps....
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Make sure of these

1 All you re server SNMP setting are set for TRAPS>Communite name(correc name),TRAPS>Communite name>traps destination> 1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1

#2 All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name(correc name),All you re server snmp setting are set for SECURITE> Accepted community name>Communite name> Accepted packet from these host>1-server Insight & 2-127.0.0.1.

3# in youre Home page manegement>Setting>Securite
A_IP Binding-Nothing
B_IP Restricted Login-Nothing
C_Local Server Certificate-Nothing
D_Local/Anonymous Access-Nothing
E_Trust Mode>Secure Trust Modes:Trust by Certificate
F_Trusted Management Servers>Importe you Insight server certificate
G_User Groups-Nothing.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

To deploy all server on you list with HP Agent there is the insight deployment but make sure you got install and configure all of you re SNMP first then you go in you re insight menu>deploy>Driver,Firmware and Agent>Install Software> (here you can add all the server that you know that are ready to receve the software)NEXT >Under SERVER>Select OS>...find the hp agent> select the version you want(now i think is 7.80 the most recent)...NEXT>REMOVE the REBOOT CHECK MARK(unless you you want to reboot but not necesary)>RUN NOW!!