1748061 Members
5644 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Discovery does not work on Clusters

Joseph Martin_1
Occasional Contributor

Discovery does not work on Clusters

Automatic discovery assigns the wrong IP address (cluster resource ips) to the cluster nodes.

Manual discovery does not discover the cluster

There does not appear to be any way to correct the IP Address if it is dicovered incorrectly

How to fix?
9 REPLIES 9
Paul Adams_6
Advisor

I am having the same issue (SIM 5 SP4, WS03 SP1).
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

For the record I am seeing the same situation and have a case open with HP on this.
Craig McK
Trusted Contributor

Same here, also the nodes sometimes just disappear during a failover instead of being marked unavailable
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

ditto, clusters not being identified properly... Win2k3SP1, SIM5.4...
"Did you get that memo?"
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

Well it seems that the cluster portion of the management agents on the cluster nodes were not enabled in control panel (I didn't do the installs). Two of the clusters seem to be identified properly by SIM now but "Cluster Monitor" still isn't working... The other two clusters still aren't being ID'd properly though. It's a good thing I have about a month to get this right, because at the rate I'm going, I'll need it, lol. :p
"Did you get that memo?"
Jeff Peil
Frequent Advisor

For the record, same issue here. Cluster monitoring is enabled in the Control Panel.
Numy
Frequent Advisor

Hi, I had a similiar problem back in December so I thought I would bump this thread and see if it helps at all:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=961138

Thanks!
Matthew J Warrick
Frequent Advisor

Well it seems that "Cluster Monitor" randomly started working this morning... No changes were made to anything.

Now if I could only get the SA and networks lackeys to stop changing the ACLs everyday and breaking the SIM connectivity. meh.
"Did you get that memo?"
Joseph Martin_1
Occasional Contributor

Well it seems that "Cluster Monitor" randomly started working this morning... No changes were made to anything.

I'd check on that, make sure that your clusternodes actually have the correct IP assigned to them, not a cluster resource IP or multiple IP addresses. We've had it work half-assed plenty of times thinking it was OK only to discover incorrect IPs being assigned to the cluster nodes.