cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery problem in SIM5 sp5 - HTTP Status 500

dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

Discovery problem in SIM5 sp5 - HTTP Status 500

Selecting the Discovery under Options menu produces error message 'HTTP Status 500'. Screen also shows 'type Exception Report', description 'server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request'.
6 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Discovery problem in SIM5 sp5 - HTTP Status 500

First off check the HPSIM Service is still running.
Is this a new install?
What OS etc?
dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

Service still running. HP support had me run 'mxconfigrepo -f' command to fix sim databases. No db issues found and problem not resolved. Some menu options within sim working fine, others show heading but bottom right pane is blank with white background. Reboot of server only temporarily fixes problem. Reinstalled sim with new sql db instance and same problem. HP has escalated to next level of support.
Terry Bjerken_2
Occasional Visitor

I have been working with HP on a similar problem when doing such tasks as "Configure or Repair Agents...". When I attempt these tasks, I get an HTTP Status 500 display that includes the following message. "org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP"

Does your problem also have this?

So far, they have had me upgrade JAVA, run "mxconfigrepo -c" and they have now requested that I re-install everything.
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

Please advise if you managed to rectify this issue. We are currently having the same problem when we try to view online anyalysis of our servers, and we get the org.apache.jasper.JasperException error
Terry Bjerken_2
Occasional Visitor

I have done as requested on one of my SIM installations and it solved the problem. The issue I have is the amount of time it took to do the re-install. Definetly not the prefered solution.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

I have the same problem with the 'configure or repair agents' menu on our test and production servers, both SIM5 SP4. This is fortunately not a strategic feature at the moment.

I had to run a system reinit last February because of a DB corruption, after the SIM4 to 5 upgrade (inventory reports were no longer working). This reinit was requested by HP support. And I surely don't want to do that one more time.
I'm disappointed to see that HP support magic formula seems to be 'reinstall' or 'reinit', which is quite the same from a workload point of view. May be HP doesn't want to take time for a free product.

I someone here can give us an answer that will prevent us from wasting time with reinstalling this product, she/he will be welcomed.

Best regards.