1752802 Members
5531 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk Cabinets reporting to SIM

Charles Hoffer
Occasional Contributor

Disk Cabinets reporting to SIM

I am attempting to use SIM to collect data on my HP/Compaq servers. I see much of the data I am looking for but the Disk cabinet info, serial number, type, etc, does not seem to be there. Am I missing a step or agent or somehing? The info shows up on the management homepage when I got directly to the server, just not on the SIM.
4 REPLIES 4
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Hi

The info that is presented in the SMH is surely available in HP SIM as well...You need to look closer ;-)

Limited disks infos could be found in the system page under the properties link : it provides basic status and infos.

If you looking for infos on disk drives (serial numner, disk space,etc..)in HP SIM you need to run a report to display this kind of infos.

Select a bunch of servers and reach out for the report menu, create a report based on the physical and logical disk info from the general category for example or create your own report. HP SIM gathers info on the maanged devices though the data collection process; By default, this task runs every fortnight. The data collected is stored in the HP SIM Database from which reports are run.

hope it helps

regards

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Charles Hoffer
Occasional Contributor

I tried a new report. I selected a server that has disk cabinets attached. I selected storage in the create a report. Nothing came back to the inquiry. i am not looking to get down to the disk level just the cabinet level.
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

hi

I may have misunderstood you...Are you looking for infos on hard disks in a server or in an external shelf connected to the server ? either through scsi or fiber...

these are two different things that involver different approaches.

can you specify ?

regards

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Charles Hoffer
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for information on the disk shelves attached to a server DAS SCSi.