108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk ROM updates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kris Stacey

Disk ROM updates

Hi guys

Is there any functionality or future scope to be able to update Hard disk ROMs/firmware's from the Version Control Repository?

The system homepage has the functionality to show the ROM version it would be great if VCR could update it.
3 REPLIES 3
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

My experience is that disk ROM updates require a bootable CD that has all the required stuff on it (HP provides this). I have not seen where VCR can do this (just the typical system, SCSI and iLO firmware).

Nelson
Kris Stacey

Hi

I am aware that you can do it from a bootable disk. But our ultimate goal is to make sure the customer has the minimum amount of downtime.
The Storage agent has the functionality to display the currently installed firmware, it would extremly helpful if, at least, it could show the latest version Vs the currently installed version.

I mean we can populate the Version Control Repositry from the internet or from a SmartStart cd (for support pack) and a firmware cd, and its the firmware cd that I use the most for drive firmware updates, I don't see any reason why we can't, at least, have the current and the latest version showing in the storage agent - so you could see if a new update was available. If down the line, functionality was added to update via VCR - that would be even better.
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

I agree 100% :)

Nelson