1753774 Members
7071 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disk Threshold Alerting

mantgibbons
Occasional Advisor

Disk Threshold Alerting

Can anyone tell me whether I need to carry out any configuration to HP SIM (v5.1sp1) in order to receive notifications of a Critical Disk Threshold breach?
I expect to see the Health Status (HS column) indicator change on my Server overview page to an orange or red symbol but continue to receive a Healty Green tick.
Even the Event Log on the server concerned shows a breach as reported by the Foundation Agents. Also, the Server's Management Homepage 'File System Space Used' displays the critical red bar as expected.
For info, the Server's agents came from SmartStart Pack v7.9.

I must be missing something simple!
10 REPLIES 10
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Disk Threshold Alerting

HI,

in hp sim are the events being received ?

mantgibbons
Occasional Advisor

Hi Mark,

No, the only Events listed are those confirming successful send of the Disk Threshold settings.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

has hp sim ever received events from this server ? have you checked your snmp or wbem settings for this system ?

mantgibbons
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I have information Events successfully logged to SIM from this server. SNMP sets are enabled by default but I haven't done any specific config.
I also checked the SNMP Trap Setting in SIM Event setup for CPQTHRSH MIB (got that from Event Log) and it is enabled with status set to Critical when Threshold is passed.
Should I subscribe to WBEM though I am unfamiliar with this?
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

have you checked the event filter in hp sim ?

mantgibbons
Occasional Advisor

Yes, the Filter remains at the default of All severities reported and from all IP addresses.
I have never played with any of the defaults.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

do you receive test traps ok from this server ?
mantgibbons
Occasional Advisor

No, in fact I just tried the Test trap which was successful according to Event Viewer but still nothing reached HP SIM. I was looking through the SIM Event records and found the only event for this server is a Discovery Event. I just confirmed that SNMP is installed on the server concerned too.
I guess there is some kind of SNMP comms/config issue.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

yep, check for firewalls in the way, check snmp community strings for snmp - should work after that !? - good luck :-)