7613 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk Threshold Error SIM 5.3

JL123
Frequent Advisor

Disk Threshold Error SIM 5.3

Hi,

After recently upgrading to SIM 5.3, I would like to get the disk threshold setup. Everything with the SIM server is now working fine, the trust relationships are fine, I can deploy firmware and PSP's etc. The only problem is the disk threshold's dont seem to be working for any servers and I have no idea why. A quick scout of these forums and I can't find any answers.

Here's the error.

Event description: The Set Disk Threshold task was run on a set of systems, see the details below to determine if it succeeded or failed on each system

Could not set the disk threshold, the agent did not accept the request.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Zhang, Jun-Wu
Occasional Advisor

Hi

I notice the point is "the agent did not accept the request", so I think maybe you could check whether the communication protocols such as SNMP/WBEM are totally configured without any flaws.

Apart from that, I think account security should be also took into consideration.

good luck!
Zhang, Jun-Wu
Occasional Advisor

Hi

I notice the point is "the agent did not accept the request", so I think maybe you could check whether the communication protocols such as SNMP/WBEM are totally configured without any flaws.

Apart from that, I think account security should be also took into consideration.

good luck!
JL123
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the quick response.

Here's a screenshot of the protocols page. Everything else is working fine which leads me to believe it's not that.

The sim service account is also working for everything else, it's just the disk threshold which is not good, there must be something basic im missing.
Thomas Genzyme
Occasional Advisor

It is possible to configure the treshold if using WBEM?
Could someone from HP respond please?
metalhead84
Occasional Visitor

Running into the same issue as well. Did anyone have luck getting this resolved?
shocko
Honored Contributor

It might be the SNMP configuration on the agents on the target servers. You MUST have at least one community string that is READ/WRITE in order to set the disk thresholds. The agents themselves communicate with the System Management Homepage using SNMP as far as I remember ;)

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)