1753900 Members
7762 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk Thresholds to be recorded in HPSIM HEalth Status

orven
Frequent Advisor

Disk Thresholds to be recorded in HPSIM HEalth Status

I manage to make the disk threhold works.. It is sending Email and all good.

Is there a way to generate a view or somehting under System Status so our operators can look at it??

HP SIM is 5.2

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

HI

The way HP SIM is designed drives people to start from the CMS and to drill down to the system management homepage to troubleshoot issues.

Therefore you would need to go to each server to see the status. There is no overall status view of the disk usage of the servers.

you can create a small xml to integrate the link to the File System Spaced used from the smh on each server's system page in HP SIM:

I attached the xml.Copy it onto your sim server in the tools directory under hp sim install directory(c:\program files\hp\system insight manager\tools), register it using the cli command : mxtool -a -f diskusage.xml

Once done a new link will appear in your system page to drive you directly to the fiesystem space used page on the server.

But honestly it is saving only a click, since clicking the HW column will drive you to the smh and then in the operating system blaock you have the same link...

Finally, there was a thread on creating a report on file sytem space used...

here it is :
https://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1263247

hope it helps !!

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

As you've discovered the disk space is not flagged as a Health issue - i.e. the hardware is okay.
You can write reports or web pages to look directly into the HPSIM database for these details.
I've scripted a job that we run weekly to report on disks over 80% full. I use that to back up the one off alerts you get for disk space.
It's also useful for virtual servers where we don't have agents.