4364 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk Thresholds

Irish-Man
Occasional Advisor

Disk Thresholds

Hello All,

I am looking for some help with disk thresholds. I am trying to configure all the disk thresholds on all all my servers. (150 physical machines) When I deploy the the task I recieve the following error message....

(The agent does not trust the HP Systems Insight Manager server, establish a trust relationship.)

Any ideas on how I can resolve this issue ?

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan KOVAC
Respected Contributor

Hello

If you would like to use "Set Disk Thresholds..." task, the requirement is trust relationship between SIM server and agent on wich you want do set thresholds.
Like for Version Control or Replicate agent settings task or deploy some kind of software, single sign-on. Some functionality in SIM require "Trust Relationship" to be established.

First, you must distribute SIM certificate to the agents (various method)and select "Trust by Certificate" option.

Second, import agents certificat to the SIM trusted certificate list.

If you do one-by-one that's a lot of work. Try with one and you will see if and how this work.

I have some suggestion, how to speed up and automate this process with some scripts.

Ivan

Irish-Man
Occasional Advisor

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for your response.

Can you please give me some insight on your scripting methods, this sounds much more interesting than doing one by one.

Where to I find the actual SIM certificate itself ? and also where should it be placed on the client side ?

Thnaks Again

Ivan KOVAC
Respected Contributor

Hello

Log to System Management Homepage on one agents.
Select "Settings" tab, select "Security", select "trust mode" and select "trust by certificate" and save configuration.
In the menu "security" select "Trusted Management Server". In the field "Add certificate from serrver" type the name of your SIM server and click Add Cert......
Agent will automaticaly pool SIM certificate and show them. Apply certificate with Import options. After that you can see certificate under "trusted certificate list". OK, now the agent have SIM certificate.

Agent certificate is "c:\hp\sslshare\cert.pem". Copy cert.pem on your SIM server.
Logon to SIM. Select "Options\Security\Certificate\Trusted Certificates...". Select "import" and browse to the cert.pem file and click OK.
After import you can see agent certificate in the table. Also select "require" option.

I suggest that you run identify process for thaht agents. Select the server and under menu options select "Identify Systems".

After this the "trust relationship" is established and you should be able to set Disk Treshold.

If this work then we talk about methods for mass configuration.

Ivan

Irish-Man
Occasional Advisor

Ivan,

Yes this process worked, I can now set disk thresholds on my servers.

Is the mass process an intense process ?