5908 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk capacity not refreshed

GreenLineMoon
Occasional Collector

Disk capacity not refreshed

Hello

Currently using SIM 6.3 with all the latest patches; tried another instance under 6.2.

Both servers shows the same issue : the disk capacity (stored in the table CIM_LOGICALDISK) is correctly refreshed during discovery time but later the disk aren't refreshed.

So when I discover a system for the first time I got to have the disk capacities (e.g. c drive total space/used space) but those values aren't updated. this is doing on all (?) the servers I have looked up.

Technically the servers I am monitoring are all Wintel HP servers with the agents running. I have set a full trust from the SMH website to include the certificates from HP SIM.

What are the necessary steps to ensure that I have those values updating ? Not so long ago I had indeed those values that were updating.

Thanks you for the help

Moon guy

2 REPLIES 2
GreenLineMoon
Occasional Collector

ok found the issue; there is a task called 'data collection' just make it run when you want as it seems that the snmp doesn't alert anymore for a disk capacity change.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Correct, an SNMP trap is not triggered when the capacity of a logical disk changes but this is picked up when a data collection is run.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)