2999 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk space percentage usage for wbem devices

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Disk space percentage usage for wbem devices

Hi All,

I've some reports that report on devices over 80% disk used. I use the CIM_Logical_Disk table for the info.
I'm seeing all of the devices that use wbem, typically my VMWare Guest Servers, showing 100% disk used.
I'm seeing the same results from the standar HPSIM Reports which use the R_* tables.

Anyone else seeing the same?
10 REPLIES 10
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

I am seeing this as well on some of my servers. I beleive just my IBM servers have this issue and are using WBEM.

My VMs aren't using WBEM and do not have this issue, I have desktop insight agents on those.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation.
dave rowland_2
Advisor

which desktop agent are you using,

Chad Schultz

I am seeing the same also, looks like someone flipped the division because the Win32_FreeSpace and Win32_Size columns look correct. No I will have to query these values and do my own math. :(
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Dave,
WBEM doesn't use a desktop agent.

Chad,
Yeah a few more lines in my perl script!
dave rowland_2
Advisor

anyone know how to get disk reporting and thresholds alarms from guest vm's under vmware esx.

I know you get the reports with HP VMM 2.1 but we have big problems with VMM locking up guest's and need another solution plus VMM does not give threshold alarms

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Threshold, no, but if you enable wbem for the VM guests you should be able to get the data for the reporting.

As noted in this thread, the percentage used figure is incorrect but you can calculate it.

I run a weekly report on disks over 80% full and it includes all of the VM guests.
James Kennedy_5
Regular Advisor

I've upgraded most of my servers to PSP 7.70, and now none of them are reporting disk space at all. All PSP 7.70 servers are missing from the Logical_Disk table.

The PSP 7.60 or prior servers still report correctly. Anyone else seeing this?
Ken Dahlgren

I just got done updating all my servers that had 7.70 agents to 7.80. I was seeing incorrect % used on every disk that was 100GB+ on 7.70 agents. Since update to 7.80 agents and a new data collection, the % used is correct again.