Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752596 Members
5074 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Do HP-SIM require any agent to be installed on end server which i want to monitor from HP-SIM

SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

Do HP-SIM require any agent to be installed on end server which i want to monitor from HP-SIM

Hello,

Can someone please advise if do HP-SIM require any agent to be installed to end server which i want to monitor from HP-SIM?

-samay

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Do HP-SIM require any agent to be installed on end server which i want to monitor from HP-SIM

Hello,

If your server has an ILO4 you can monitor agentless. If you have older hardware you do need an agent.

Kind regards,

Andrew
SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Andrew.

can you please also let me know which agent i need to install and from where i can get it?

and for agentless monitoring do i need to any configuration?

-Samay

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

For Agentless you need to configure your ILO to be able to be read from the SIM server and to send traps to the SIM server in case of an error. If you need OS information with the agentless option you need one agent, the Agentless Management Service.  For older hardware you need either WBEM or SNMP agents. These can be downloaded here : http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=1008829834&lang=en&cc=us

This link is for a DL380 but the software is for all Proliant servers. Since you did not mention your OS i can't be more specific. ESX, Unix/Linux or Windows need specific agents and configuration.

Kind regards,

Andrew