Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753783 Members
7030 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Does HP SIM 5.0 with SP5 support monitoring OS services?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Terence Ng
Advisor

Does HP SIM 5.0 with SP5 support monitoring OS services?

I have deployed HP SIM 5.0 agent to my blade servers (BL20p). I can receive alert about HD failure, server down, link up, overheating, and so on via HP SIM, all these are related to hardware level.

Can HP SIM be configured to monitor the services and hard disk capacity (low space) of Windows Servers? For example, when a critical service of Windows 2003 Server is stopped, the alert can be sent to HP SIM.
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes it can do this.

You to got in the control panal of the server that you want monitor the service,the HP MANAGEMENT AGENT>on the PROCESS MONITOR...you can even add item that you dont have on the list.
And for the hard drive look in the System Management Homepage of the server you want to monitor,go to TASK>Operating System>File System Space Used> then you can set a Thresholds
Terence Ng
Advisor

Thanks a lot. I can receive alert about my monitored process based on your provided solution.

BTW, I could find "Clustering Information" inside the "Inactive Agents" box of "Services" tab of Management Agents for Servers. Is it for Microsoft Clustering?
Does it mean I can monitor Microsoft cluster?
If so, how to config it?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Just transfer it to the Active Agent and restart the SNMP services
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

So?